First and foremost, this isn't anything that Screaming Frog do not already document but as with everything, nobody takes the time to read the documentation, so I thought I'd put it in a slightly easier to read format and help spread the love.
- Locate your Screaming Frog installation: In most cases you will need to hit the windows key - Computer - C:/ - Program Files and locate the folder - Screaming Frog.
- Locate the file named "ScreamingFrogSEOSpider.l4j.ini": Open this in your favourite text editor.
- Update the memory allocation: Edit where it says 512 and change it to 1024.
- Click save: This will double the memory allocation.
That's it job done!
You can increase it further, but anything over what your machine is actually capable of will result in Screaming Frog not working, you can check out further details for this on the Screaming Frog user guide.
Give Your Inbox Some Love
What You'll get?
- Posts like this delivered straight to your inbox!
- Nothing else.